IT Manager – Application Development / Agile Software Development Practice (Scrum Master)
Our Customer located in Phoenix, AZ is looking for an IT Manager – Application Development / Agile Software Development Practice (Scrum Master) who can be a strong leader whose extensive knowledge is used to lead a team of IT Scrum Masters who promote and enhance a culture of Agility throughout the enterprise. Provide agile practice leadership, coaching and education for the enablement of effective scrum masters and scrum development teams to ensure successful delivery of continuous business value. This role will act as a change agent and demonstrates to the teams how the Agile processes and systems work while at the same time understanding and metering the pace at which Agile practices can be adopted by the enterprise. Guide and mentor multiple teams in the consistent practice of Agile concepts, including roles, ceremonies, processes, compliance, and tool usage. This is a Full Time Direct Hire Opportunity.
Agile and leadership
• Acts as change agent and demonstrates to the teams how the Agile processes and systems work.
• Guide and mentor multiple teams in the consistent practice of Agile concepts, including roles, ceremonies, processes, compliance, and tool usage within Anthem’s Agile delivery context. Improves application of Agile principles.
• Improve team understanding of Agile practice.
• Promote metrics-led, continuous improvement of the Agile delivery processes and propose adaptations of the methodology to address novel situations.
• Partners with the PMO and all areas of IT and business to ensure that Agile practice align and are implemented in a manner effective and efficient for the organization.
• Assists with refining the Agile delivery process to reduce areas of uncertainty that become impediments for the team.
• Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
• Act as a Scrum Master when necessary.
• Manage dependencies between scrum team and third parties or between scrum teams.
• Strengthen presence of team as an AGILE center of excellence.
• Actively contribute to the company’s AGILE and Lean Community.
• Create company-wide awareness of activities.
• Provide personnel feedback to management for improvement opportunities.
• Scale AGILE/SCRUM methodology to large projects by organizing SCRUM of SCRUMS for cross project dependency.
• Review and amend AGILE development processes and provide consultancy to groups for adopting AGILE methodology.
• Establish and meet short- and long-term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
• Evaluate and enforce established AGILE standards with different SCRUM teams.
• Assists with improving operational metrics in efficiency and quality.
• Participate in developing technical strategy; apply and promote technology that optimizes the portfolio of technologies, tools, products, and applications.
• Establish and meet short and long-term department goals in accordance with overall company objectives and divisional strategic planning.
• Work business leaders and subject matter experts to use technology to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of information technology, and enable workforce utilization and efficiency.
• Deliver assessment services, develop business cases, design solution architecture, and recommend multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change.
• Ensure re-use of existing services, solutions and components wherever possible to minimize development or acquisition of new solutions; ensure new solutions are designed and developed in a cost-efficient manner, and meet service quality.
• Partner with other technology leaders to identify points of leverage, integration, and resource sharing.
• Develop timelines, work estimates, cost projections, and manage projects to approved guidelines; review and consult on design and technical approach of projects to ensure consistency.
• Review software procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and systems decisions.
• Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
• Conduct vendor negotiations to contain or reduce contract services expense and/or one-time purchase expense
• The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
• Position may require evening, weekend, or on-call schedules, depending on project requirements and/or system status.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• 5 years of experience practicing Agile or Lean
• 3 years of project management experience
• 3 years of management or supervisory experience in Application Development or related area
• Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, computer systems, or related field
• 8 years of experience practicing Agile or Lean
• 5 years of project management experience
• 5 years of management or supervisory experience in Application Development or related area
• Experience managing and the ability to inspire a team of Scrum Masters
• Master’s Degree in business, computer science or related field
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC).
• Technical certifications in software and systems design
Required Job Skills
• Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
• Intermediate PC proficiency
• Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
• Expert technical skills related to analysis and design techniques for batch, real-time, and online systems
• Advanced knowledge and experience with application technologies implemented within delivery organization
• Advanced skill in computer system validation including SOP development, implementation and adherence
• Advanced Knowledge of hardware, software, telecommunications, operating systems, and applications.
• Knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, and LINUX operating systems.
• Experience working with high volume, transactional, large capacity systems in a 24×7 environment.
• Robust experience and knowledge in current technical architectures.
• Experience and knowledge of Agile practices.
Required Professional Competencies
• Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data.
• Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
• Anticipate downstream technical needs and steer architectural designs to appropriately factor in considerations.
• Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Highly skilled at designing and implementing multiple tier architecture solutions, developing high-performance and secure systems and system integration
• Work effectively with management, project managers, business analysts, developers, engineers, architects, system administrators, and QA to conceive, design, and deliver successful software solutions.
• Able to operate at varying levels of abstraction including business and product strategy, design, and implementation
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
• Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
• Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively with other departments levels
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
• Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.