- Job Locations US-AZ-Phoenix
- Posted Date 12/18/2017 5:33 PM
- Job ID 2017-1951
- # of Openings 1
- Category Information Technology
Our Customer located in Phoenix, AZ is looking for an ETL Developer that will be responsible for supporting the design and development of ETL for the enterprise data warehouse. The role will assist with full systems development life cycle (SDLC) phases including requirements gathering, data analysis, system design, development, implementation, and post-implementation support. During the design phase, the role will work closely with the ETL team to follow industry best practices and company standards. During the development phase under the guidance of Senior staff, the role will perform database development, and ETL (extraction, transformation, and loading) development.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field with programming and database systems coursework, OR equivalent database development experience.
- 1+ years of experience with ETL in Data Management, Data Warehousing, or Business Intelligence
- 1+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience with mapping, architecting, profiling, analysis, integrity checking of data, etc.
- Experience in gathering business requirements from cross functional teams
- Experience with SSIS, MSSQL Server and Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of TFS, or comparable source control tool
- 3+ years of experience in an ETL role
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) version 2015 and MSSQL Server 2015
- Experience in Agile-Scrum environment
- Experience with data analysis in the healthcare industry
- Familiar with star and snowflake schemas
- Participates in gathering ETL requirements from business analysts and owners to produce requirements documents.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Developer, assists with, developing database objects, and creates ETL processes.
- Creates databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, and other database objects.
- Helps define the content and structure of the database (schema) and advises users on efficient techniques for extracting data.
- Works within defined content and structure of the database (schema).
- Work with team to implement changes and provide post-implementation user support and system support.
- Identifies and advocates beneficial change opportunities.
- Serves as a point of contact for application and data users, data administrators and others.
- Ensures compliance with Company’s HIPAA, privacy and government security policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Working knowledge of data warehouse design; data modeling; proficiency with SQL; experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL); working knowledge of report and dashboard development; knowledge of SQL Server databases; working knowledge of Oracle databases.
Problem Solving / Analysis
- Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment; Has a realistic understanding of relevant issues.
- Ability to organize people or tasks, adjust to priorities, learn systems, within time constraints and with available resources; Detail-oriented.
Multi-Tasking / Time Management
- Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment.
- Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicates clearly, and draws sound conclusions.
High Intensity Environment
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with multiple activities occurring simultaneously while maintaining focus and control of workflow.
Coping / Flexibility
- Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach is required.
- Ability to function in a multi-system Microsoft environment using Word, Outlook, Company Intranet, the Internet, and department software applications.
Communication / People Skills
- Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances; Adapt to different styles; Listen critically; Collaborate.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your resume, availability to interview and salary requirements immediately. If you are not and know of someone that qualifies or is looking for opportunities, please forward their contact information. We compensate for referrals that are successfully placed.